Monday, September 6, 2010

End of the Summer

Labor Day usually signals the end of the summer, so while I sit here waiting for a headache to subside so I can continue in my enjoyment of this occasion, I will update my list!

I've crossed a few things off my list and/or made some changes to my list (and crossed those things off the list).

10) Learn to say "please" "thank you" and "I love you" in 20 different languages. -- In a previous post I mentioned that I wasn't going to do this because I was too lazy. So I changed this one to: Explore a new town/city in MA. I went to Lowell with my friend Kari this Labor Day weekend and we went to the American Textile Museum which was very interesting - I had never done anything like that before. We then went to the Western Avenue Art Studios which were also very neat. I don't think I'd hang out in Lowell again as the city does have a bad rap and probably for very good reason. But I can say I've been there and don't need to go back again :)

16) Go rollerblading on the Charles River. -- I really wanted to do this, but unfortunately it just didn't happpen. So this got changed to: Go on a nature walk. So I went to the Habitat in Belmont today (Labor Day). Here are some pictures from my nature walk:






17) Spend a day at the beach this summer. This I did! I went to Crane Beach in Ipswich with my friend Sarah. It was the most perfect day for the beach. In the 70s and no humidity - awesome! And this beach was absolutely gorgeous! Here are some pictures from our beach day:









32) Lose 32 pounds - seems like a good # to end the challenge on. Still doing. So far I'm at 29lbs - just 3 more to go to meet this challenge, but I'm sure there will be many more pounds lost.

Ok, I think that's it. I've pretty much accomplished everything on the list - a few more yet to go, some are on-going challenges that I'm still doing. There may be some I might conceded defeat on (reading the Bronte sister books - so I may need to change that one too)... but I'll keep updating as I go.

Happy Labor Day and Happy End of Summer! :)

2 comments:

  1. YAY my Sweet Sarah!!! Soo awesome :) and I'm soo proud of you! Thinking of you today as classes and lessons start at your school. Seriously the coolest thing. Love you and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 29 pounds?! Wow. Good for you! You must feel great.

    ReplyDelete